ICMR-AU-STRC Workshop on Cervical Cancer Screening for Pathologists
ICMR-NICPR, 11 th - 13 th Sept 2019
Day 1, 11 th Sept 2019
The Workshop enrolled nine African delegates – three each from Nigeria, Sudan and Zambia. The Workshop was inaugurated with lamp lighting ceremony at 10.00 AM by Dr. Shalini Singh, Director, ICMR-NICPR, Dr. Sanjay Gupta, Sci-G & Course Director, Dr. Ruchika Gupta, Course Convenor, Prof. Neeta Kumar, Guest Faculty and other senior scientists of the Institute. The Workshop proceedings started with the Welcome remarks and overview of the Course by the Course Director followed by the Inaugural Address by the Director, ICMR- NICPR and a short introduction of the African delegates.
The Day’s Scientific Program included didactics on the following topics:
1. Cervical cancer – magnitude of problem, screening modalities and recommendations
2. Pre-evaluation photographic Quiz on various lesions of the cervix
3. Uniform approach to reporting cervico-vaginal smears, including normal cervical smear and cytology of specific infections
4. Cytology of squamous epithelial cell abnormalities of the cervix, including patterns and pitfalls
5. Hands-on slide viewing sessions on specific infections and squamous epithelial cell abnormalities of the cervix
6. Demonstration of Papanicolaou staining procedure
Pictures of the workshop are attached.